Thursday, January 13, 2011

Anniversary Weekend in Phoenix Arizona


Martin is relaxing in Gloria & Bob's lovely patio. We took a mini vacation to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and to golf just one more time before the end of the season. Gloria & Bob live just west of Surprise, Arizona, around the Copper Canyon Golf Resort. It was a great time for celebration and visiting with good friends.






Martin enjoying his coffee while he waits for breakfast, it was such good food here!



Our first day of golf at the Copper Canyon Golf course so the boys are warming up. The weather was unseasonal cool but we were able to golf so we didn't mind. Just felt like fall to us!



Gloria and I strike a pose before my shot! We just had a lot of fun, no serious golf here.




This is our 2nd day at The Grand and it started out raining but we persevered. I felt bad for Bob cause I just snapped this picture in his back swing, by accident so he missed his shot. Well, I missed mine too cause I threw my driver in the lake behind me. Not intentionally of course! My hands were so wet from the rain on the previous holes that my club slipped right through my hands on my follow through! It landed right in the middle but the current from the fountain pushed it closer us so we could fish it out! I had to take a few jokes for that one!



Gloria setting up for her drive. She did very well for someone who hasn't golfed that much!



It only rained for a couple of holes and the sun came out and it was really nice, we could take our jackets off and enjoy the course. Beautiful picture of the sun rays filtering down over the mountains in the picture below.



Gloria's thumb up! It was another great day of golf!


Nothing better after a fun day to share a wonderful meal together and go over all our good shots! Actually Gloria & Bob live here in the winter months and Seattle during spring and summer so we don't have the opportunity to visit as often so we had a lot of catching up to do!



Last little bit of sunshine before we go home! Just a few shots of their lovely home which Gloria decorated herself. It's very warm and comfortable. They both went out of their way to make us feel welcome. It was fun and relaxing so we just may have to do this every year!!





We're out in their front yard now and it's so nice to see all the shrubs and flowers in November! Martin is waiting for me across the street to take a walk around the neighbourhood.



Here is Gloria and Jackie
Then Bob, Jackie & Martin


And...Bob & Gloria, thanks so much for a fun weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Those are great pictures! Looks warm and fun! I think you look so pretty in those last pictures! Gloria's house is beautiful. I sure miss her too! Love you mom, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete